[ipxe-devel] UEFI iPXE / Embedded iPXE

shouldbe q931 shouldbeq931 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 10:27:15 UTC 2020

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 1:01 PM Huang, Alwen <alwen.huang at hpe.com> wrote:

> Hi iPXE Developers,
>
> Is it possible for you to provide some input on this topic?
>
> We tried 2 scenarios under UEFI shell as follows:
>
> 1.
>
> iPXE > autoboot
>
> It was like we tried to boot with the Embedded iPXE option.
>
> It failed to boot iPXE.

It would be helpful if you were able to provide the full text of what was
seen after autoboot.

> 2.
>
> iPXE>dhcp
>
> iPXE>route
>
> iPXE>chain tftp://100.100.100.1/ipxe.efi
>
> It could successfully boot iPXE.

Here you were specifying what to run, from an external perspective, perhaps
your DHCP service does not provide what is required for iPXE to find a boot
image?

> Looked like there was problem inside the local ipxe image, any idea about
> the difference between the 2 scenarios?

I think it looks like a difference on the network.

Out of interest, why not update the version of iPXE that has been embedded?

Cheers

Arne

<snipped for brevity>