[ipxe-devel] [HPE BL460c Gen10][Emulex NIC] Failing to open netX device (Input/Output error)

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Wed Mar 11 22:01:39 UTC 2020

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 09:18:38AM -0500, Danny Kulchinsky wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Nov 2019 at 08:57, SEEBACHER Christoph wrote:
>
> > Hi, today we had the same issue with HP FlexFabric 20Gb 2-port 650FLB Adapter.
> >
> > Any solutions on that?
> >

> Afraid not, a suggestion here was to do a git-bisect to try and isolate the
> breaking change however the number of permutations is substantial

(roughly 7 steps)

> and we just ended up using a build based on the 5cf5ffea commit.
>
> it was a bit tricky to build, since modern gcc was complaining a lot and I
> had to cherry-pick a bunch of changes from later commit, but have a working
> version.

<screenshot idea="to get you started">
stappers at paddy:~/src/ipxe
$ git bisect start 3fe683eb 5cf5ffea
Bisecting: 168 revisions left to test after this (roughly 7 steps)
[9ccd8fe569c75265dfa834d325046696e18616de] [efi] Enumerate PCI BARs in same order as SnpDxe
stappers at paddy:~/src/ipxe
$ echo build and test
build and test
stappers at paddy:~/src/ipxe
$ git bisect good_or_bad
Bisecting: 84 revisions left to test after this (roughly 6 steps)
[git_commit_hash] Summary commit message
stappers at paddy:~/src/ipxe
$ echo build and test
build and test
stappers at paddy:~/src/ipxe
$ git bisect good_or_bad
Bisecting: 42 revisions left to test after this (roughly 5 steps)
[git_commit_hash] Summary commit message
stappers at paddy:~/src/ipxe
$ echo build and test
build and test
stappers at paddy:~/src/ipxe
$ git bisect good_or_bad
Bisecting: 21 revisions left to test after this (roughly 4 steps)
[git_commit_hash] Summary commit message
stappers at paddy:~/src/ipxe
$ echo build and test
build and test
stappers at paddy:~/src/ipxe