[ipxe-devel] UEFI iPXE / Embedded iPXE

Huang, Alwen alwen.huang at hpe.com
Mon Mar 9 06:08:17 UTC 2020

Hi iPXE Developers,
We have recently met a problem about booting the system with different iPXE methods, which are traditional UEFI iPXE and  embedded iPXE.
With the traditional UEFI iPXE, we can successfully boot iPXE, but not with embedded iPXE method.
I am attaching below capture for your reference.
On the left side was embedded iPXE, and the right side was UEFI iPXE.
[cid:image001.png at 01D5F61C.2AFEB370]
Looked like the system was successfully downloading the ipxe.efi to start up iPXE application, but somehow with embedded iPXE, the iPXE application could not load the NIC UEFI driver to establish the connection.
We checked the 0x044ee186 page, but still had no idea.
Is it possible for you to provide us some suggestions?
Do we need to attach the Wireshark or something for reference?
Thanks.

Sincerely yours,
Alwen Huang
Hewlett Packard Enterprise International Pte. Ltd.
Email : alwen.huang at hpe.com<mailto:alwen.huang at hpe.com>
Extension:  +886-2-2652- 4857