[ipxe-devel] Network driver issues

Shawn Ward shawn_ward at byu.edu
Thu Jun 4 22:33:21 UTC 2020

Hello!

I am attempting to pxeboot a Proliant m710x Server cartridge in our HP Moonshot 1500 chassis. However, when it runs dhcp I get a 'waiting for link up on net0 and net1 timeout with an unknown (http://ipxe.org/err/1a086194).'

Then when I try to manually assign ip settings and then call boot.php and pass my mac with it I get 'Network unreachable (http://ipxe.org/err/280a60)'

My guess is that it doesn't support our network cards.

Our network cards are the Mellanox Connect-X3 Pro adapters.

My question is, do you know of any documentation available on how to add network adapter drivers into ipxe so that we can pxeboot our cartridges?

We are using ipxe in correlation with Fog. If you happen to know how to create a bootable thumb drive so I can get into the Fog OS that would also be helpful. I was unable to get it to work with their documentation. I tried to contact someone with FOG but I had to create an account first and their account creation portion is broken right now.

Thanks.

Shawn Ward
Windows Systems Admin
CAEDM - College of Engineering