[ipxe-devel] appnote/debian_preseed instructions are wrong

Etienne Champetier champetier.etienne at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 19:28:56 UTC 2020

Hello iPXE devs,

The text at https://ipxe.org/appnote/debian_preseed suggests that you
can load a non cpio file,
put it as initrd= param, and that even for EFI mode iPXE will make a
cpio for you.
In my testing (and as discussed here
https://forum.ipxe.org/showthread.php?tid=7830&pid=11948#pid11948 by
others)
this is only working with cpio files when in EFI mode, so 2 questions:
- is this appnote/debian_preseed page just a design document that was
never implemented ?
- can someone update it to mention it's not working, or what options
are needed ?

Thanks a lot
Etienne

PS: I initially subscribed with '+ipxe' in my address so there is 2
time this same email in the moderation queue, please drop them