[ipxe-devel] Boot iPXE from tftp

Ken.Hendrickson at L3Harris.com Ken.Hendrickson at L3Harris.com
Tue Jul 14 16:34:12 UTC 2020

I have a tftpd server set up to boot the OpenBSD install.
I can't get iPXE to work with it, on a PcEngines apu.1d4

How do I do it?

(Note: tftp boot works fine with other boxes that use PXE to boot.)

iPXE identifies itself as:

iPXE 1.0.0+ -- Open Source Network Boot Firmware -- http://ipxe.org
Features: HTTP iSCSI DNS TFTP AoE bzImage ELF MBOOT PXE PXEXT Menu

Thanks,
Ken

PS  I have found the following commands, but they don't work.
set ip x.x.x.x
set netmask x.x.x.x
set gateway x.x.x.x
set dns x.x.x.x
set domain foo.bar
set filename bsd.rd
set next-server x.x.x.x
At least, they don't work for booting with tftp.
It defaults back to booting by disk.
There has to be a way ...

I note that iPXE 1.0.0+ (the version I have) claims to have TFTP.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain material that is proprietary, confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected or restricted under applicable government laws. Any review, disclosure, distributing or other use without expressed permission of the sender is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies without reading, printing, or saving.