[ipxe-devel] HTTPS & iPXE

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Wed Jan 15 01:11:59 UTC 2020

On 14/01/2020 22:17, Michael Brown wrote:
> This "iPXE root CA" certificate is used to cross-sign every root
> certificate trusted by Mozilla, and a mechanism exists to allow iPXE to
> automatically download these cross-signed certificates as needed.  There
> is a reasonable explanation of this at
>
>    https://ipxe.org/cfg/crosscert
>
> This cross-signed certificate chain includes OCSP checks; this is the
> part that is currently failing.

The OCSP server should now be functional again.  I have given up hope of
finding time to properly package the OpenCA ocspd for Fedora, and I gave
up hope almost immediately upon reading the documentation for the
alternative Dogtag PKI OCSP server.

The solution now in place uses the extremely out-of-date OpenCA ocspd
present in Fedora, running a separate daemon for each CA, with a quick
and dirty WSGI script used to dispatch requests to the appropriate backend.

Please let us know if your OCSP problems are now fixed.

Thanks,