[ipxe-devel] Receiving http://ipxe.org/3c00e183 error after upgrade

Dentcho Bankov dbankov at vmware.com
Thu Aug 20 09:54:23 UTC 2020

Hello iPXE Developers,

I’ve just pulled the latest iPXE code (after more than a couple of years) and started getting a http://ipxe.org/3c00e183 error when trying to boot over HTTPS.

Investigating a bit revealed that in my iPXE binary the asn1_algorithms link table entries are offset by 48 bytes while the size of the asn1 _algorithm struct is 40 bytes so the ‘for_each_table_entry ( algorithm, ASN1_ALGORITHMS )’ doesn’t cycle over the asn1_algorithms in the link table correctly.

I tried adding a dummy field of 8 bytes to the asn1_algortihm struct which resolved the above error but then I started receiving http://ipxe.org/420c6095 so I suspect I’m not building iPXE correctly.

Could you please let me know if somebody else had observed a similar problem lately and what may be causing it (I suspect this may be related to some alignment/padding misconfiguration but don’t know how this is controlled).

Kindest regards,
Dentcho Bankov