[ipxe-devel] [Foxconn BIOS][urgent help] How to make intel x722 ipxe boot nvm image rom file

Leo 163 chai_zhi_yuan at 163.com
Fri Nov 29 03:55:12 UTC 2019

Hi ipxe Engineer,

this is Foxconn BIOS Engineer, For Purley Server platform Develop,The IPXE Feature needed by Our end of customer CMCC(中国移动) and Kingsoft(金山云);we will add this function in bios ,and will ship in next weekend, so ,need your grate helpful, thank you so much!!

we need make a support ipxe .mlb file to flash into the nvm image block , Could you give some detail steps about how to make the ipxe sector to x722 nvm image MLB file or build it in bios?
there need your kindly help~~

The Server Platform use PCH is C620/C610, and the onboard Lan is X710/X722;

I have read some information in ipxe org website,but have some confuse;

Link:https://ipxe.org/howto/romburning/intel
Using bootutl to restoreimage , and use the build ROM ;

but,the link: https://ipxe.org/howto/romburning
the cmd "make bin/vvvvdddd.rom" is not mentioned about ipxe relate rom or file will be built in the vvvvdddd.rom, so i don't think the built rom will contain the ipxe function in it;
Could you give me some explanation why its relate with the ipxe ?

Thanks & Best Regards
Leo.ZY.Chai (柴智元)
CESBG\CABG\SRD-SDS\BIOS
Ext:566-38566