[ipxe-devel] Fwd: Cannot initialize PCIE Atheros Ethernet Card

Silvia Paoli silvia.paoli at icmarconifrosini.edu.it
Tue Dec 10 21:47:15 UTC 2019

Hi, I'm a teacher in a school that owns a computer lab with 26 old (2006)
netbook. We can't afford  to change them, so I was taking the best out of
them with LTSP.
With LTSP5 we had no booting problem, but with LTSP19 they can't boot as
iPXE stops initializing. The netbook can obtain  IP address, gateway, dns
server, ecc from DHCP, contact LTSP server  but can't go further. I
compared the ipxe config of the netbook and of a booting pc. The difference
is busloc (0x100) and missing filename. Everything else is recognized, even
the manufacturer of the pc (Asustek) and the model (EEEPC 1001px),
nextserver, ltsp server, ecc.
Is there anything I can do? Thank you for any help. Silvia