[ipxe-devel] Problems with pxe-virtio.rom and https

Zombie zombie at calypsohost.net
Tue Aug 27 22:08:01 UTC 2019

Hi,

following this script
https://gist.github.com/papamoose/e0b18d002f8686aaf767 and defining
DOWNLOAD_PROTO_HTTPS in the general.h, I've update my proxmox
installation's pxe-virtio.rom.

I am passing the following .ipxe file to my KVM via dhcp:

#!ipxe

set base-url http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/stretch

kernel
${base-url}/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/debian-installer/amd64/linux
initrd=initrd.gz
initrd
${base-url}/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/debian-installer/amd64/initrd.gz
initrd https://pxeboot.myhost.net/preseed.cfg
boot

Here is my issue: iPXE keeps telling me http://ipxe.org/err/3c0920, as
long as i don't change my initrd url to http. I've already reached out
to the Proxmox community, whether there is anything wrong with the
replacement of the rom. When booting the VM, HTTPS does not show up in
the iPXE features list.

Thanks in advance,

Zombie