[ipxe-devel] Issues with HTTP/HTTPS using Ryzen 3000 series

Tom Siewert tom.siewert at hetzner.com
Thu Aug 15 14:09:00 UTC 2019

Hi there,

currently, I have some issues with HTTPS using Ryzen 3000 series systems.
My test system has a Ryzen 3600 (also tried to use a 3850X) and an ASRock
B450 board with 64GB ECC RAM and 2x 1TB NVMe.
The error 1c25e0c82 (Invalid argument) gets thrown by iPXE becuase of
entropy issues.

I already updated the BIOS to the latest version but that didn't resolve
the issue.

Using Ryzen 3000 series CPU on a MSI board has the same issues with
HTTPS but also issues with HTTP.

If I use HTTP on the MSI board, the system freezes after the chainload.
Using other chainloads shows same behavior.

Is there any possibility to fix this issue or do I have to wait until a
BIOS Update gets released?

Regards,

Tom