[ipxe-devel] iPXE with EFI

Ben Powell ben.powell at xcesstrading.co.uk
Wed Sep 12 15:57:17 UTC 2018

Hello,

I was hoping you could help me, I look after a network where we run WDS on a WS2016 server, I have configured iPXE and it works great but only in legacy mode, I have tried building an EFI image along with downloading the pre-compiled or even adding our menu script to ROM-o-matic however our server never picks up the EFI file, I have set it from the DHCP server, set it using WDS-UTIL /Set-Server for both Boot Program and N12BootProgram along with the different options of X64Uefi etc. none of which is currently working.

Failing all of the this, I have even done the same configuration on a WS2008R2 box hoping with the older software the EFI might be a bit more lax and just work, however I will have the same issues.

Finally I moved onto an Ubuntu box, I have configured the static IP, and installed ISC-DHCP - my plan would be to continue using my menu system via IIS on our network which works well but I am struggling with the configuration of ISC-DHCP as soon as copy in the required settings for iPXE the DHCP server fails to start.

Is it possible for a little help, hoping more towards the WS2016 environment and getting this DHCP server to allow the clients to boot iPXE in EFI and secure boot mode. Ps we use a combination of NBI for Mac, ISO images for Linux and also WIMBOOT with our PE environment for Windows Installations.

Thank you for any help or advice.

Kind Regards

Ben

[footer]
Privileged / Confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for the delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case you should destroy the message and notify us immediately.

Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by the firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by the authorised representative independent of this message.

The company confirms that it has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the email message and the attachments have been checked for the presence of computer viruses but liability will not be accepted by the sender should this prove to be incorrect. Xcess Trading Limited is registered in England and Wales as a Private Limited Company. Registered No. 7731974. Registered Office: 1st Floor, Midas House, 62 Goldsworth Road, Woking, Surrey, GU21 6LQ