[ipxe-devel] iPXE Hardware Support Matrix

Christian Nilsson nikize at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 10:43:02 UTC 2018

On Sat, 6 Oct 2018 at 12:37, Oliver Rath <oliver at greenunit.de> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I want to start a iPXE Hardware support Matrix in the wiki. Does
> something similar already exist? If not, how can I contribute this table
> into the Wiki? Im thinking about
>
> Chipset (i.e. X540) | NICs (i.e.Intel X540-T2 Dual Port 10 Gbit/s |
> Vendor-IDs | Ports (i.e. RJ45, SFP+) | Number of Ports | VLan y/n |
> builtin iscsi y/n | Additional features (i.e. supports mac sec 802.1ae)
> | burnable | comments |
>
> Tfh!

Is https://ipxe.org/appnote/hardware_drivers what you are looking for?
It could probably be improved with more details on what is tested and not.
One issue is that the same nic for example could be used both with and
without burnable ROMs.
some NIC chips could be equipped with different ports, and so on.

Do note that currently USB NICs are not listed due to support for finding
them in the utils have not been written.