[ipxe-devel] IPv6 is broken in iPXE

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 15:24:47 UTC 2018

On Monday 26 November 2018 15:21:55 Michael Brown wrote:
> On 01/11/2018 23:16, Pali Rohár wrote:
> > I'm trying to use iPXE on IPv6-enabled network. Everything is running
> > fine on this network, all IPv4 and IPv6 application, just iPXE has
> > problems. It cannot connect to any host which has both
> >
> > IPv6 router send RA packet without Autonomous bit (=disable SLAAC) and
> > with Managed and Other bits (= use DHCPv6 for IPv6 address assignment).
> >
> > Also on network is available standard IPv4 connection via DHCP.
> >
> > When iPXE is run on this network with enabled NET_PROTO_IPV6 then it
> > cannot connect to any host, just show error message: Network
> > unreachable.
>
> Is this the same problem as reported on IRC, where the network is
> advertising IPv6 addresses but has no IPv6 connectivity to the outside
> world?

No. I have fully working IPv6 connectivity.

As stated in first paragraph in previous email, everything in system is
working fine. Also applications can connect to IPv6 only hosts.

So IPv6 connectivity is fully working too.

Just my setup does not use SLAAC, but DHCPv6 as I already wrote.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar at gmail.com