[ipxe-devel] iPXE MemoryAllocationLib.c assert failures on Dell PowerEdge

Christian Nilsson nikize at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 20:13:07 UTC 2018

There is not yet any native drivers for 8086:1572 in iPXE which
strengthens the possibility of it being the NIC firmware / SNP driver
that is at fault.
Does the NIC have separate firmware ROM or is it included in the
mainboard firmware? and have you made sure that you are using the same
firmware revisions as the customer?

I would recommend these build commands:
make -j16 bin-x86_64-efi/ipxe.efi DEBUG=snp,snponly,nii
make -j16 bin-x86_64-efi/snponly.efi DEBUG=snp,snponly,nii

This should show a bit more info and hopefully it will give us an idea
of what it does when the assert happens.

/Christian