[ipxe-devel] #define KEYBOARD_MAP fi does not work

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Wed Feb 7 01:54:54 UTC 2018

On 06/02/18 08:28, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> I want Swedish keyboard and added #define KEYBOARD_MAP fi
> to my build(fi is the same layout as Swedish) but my keyboard is
> still US(on my Lenovo Thinkpad 470s laptop)

To which header file did you add this #define?

The keyboard mapping is unfortunately imperfect since it's done on the
basis of translating the ASCII characters returned by the BIOS: i.e. the
BIOS first applies a US keymap and we then have to mangle the result
into the closest possible approximation of the desired keymap.

You can see the characters that iPXE is capable of translating in
hci/keymap/keymap_fi.c.  Is it failing to translate these characters
(e.g. does Shift-7 fail to translate from '&' to '/')?

Thanks,