[ipxe-devel] git command to submit code change to up-stream

LAU, ALOYSIUS al070e at att.com
Tue Aug 7 05:34:28 UTC 2018

To submit a code change to the http://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git repository, use the master branch.  Is this correct?

I looked at the past posting at http://lists.ipxe.org/pipermail/ipxe-devel/ and was not sure how to search for the git commands to submit code change to the master branch.  Also looked at the http://ipxe.org/docs and the documentation did not mention about submitting code changes to master branch upstream.  Where can I get the git instructions?

$ git add <files>
$ git commit
$ git <push to up-stream>

What command do we I to push the code to upstream?

Any special format for the commit message I needed to follow?

Thanks,
Al Lau
P.S. I use "git review" to submit changes  to other open source projects I work on.