[ipxe-devel] iPXE boot issue which is caused by sharing IRQ

Levi.Hsieh at dell.com Levi.Hsieh at dell.com
Mon Apr 16 15:16:20 UTC 2018

Hi iPXE developer,

I got an issue about system fails on booting to iPXE server, the message is "No configuration methods succeeded" , error code is 040ee119 (refer to attached screenshot)

I found that the root cause is the Realtek LAN device' IRQ of my client system is sharing with many other devices, like USB controller. But even though, the client system can still boot successfully to MS WDS PXE or IBM Rembo7 server.

I would like to consult with iPXE experts, is it possible to change any setting from iPXE server side to work out this issue without fixing the IRQ sharing issue from client system?

This is an urgent issue to me, I really appreciate if you can reply with comment quickly. Many thanks!

Levi