[ipxe-devel] Error code 280860 : link down, driver not loaded ?

Christian Nilsson nikize at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 10:58:44 UTC 2017

Hi,
As Michael already said, you are missing ifopen or dhcp in your script
Replace your "sleep 2" with "ifopen" and you should be good.

The reason it works when you don't press Ctrl-B quickly is that it tries
dhcp by default when there is no embedded script.

Michael: Maybe this could be made more clear on the embed page? and maybe
mention the default behavior (which is running the autoboot cmd?) But I
think this is already described somewhere but I'm unable to find it right
now.

/Christian