[ipxe-devel] XenServer 7.0+

Rich Dunn rich at clearwateranalytics.com
Thu Oct 26 18:56:05 UTC 2017

I am by no means an expert with ipxe but have been using it for a few weeks now.  I downloaded the ipxe.efi file from http://boot.ipxe.org/ipxe.efi and have it successfully loading and a menu to point to my Windows Deployment server or to load an Ubuntu install.  I am now trying to add XenServer to my menu but cannot get it to load.  I followed the instructions from http://ipxe.org/appnote/xenserver but that doesn't seem to work on XenServer 7 or 7.1.  Is there something I'm doing wrong or does ipxe not work with the latest versions of XenServer yet?  When I boot I get the following output.

[cid:image001.png at 01D34E59.C89E26A0]

My ipxe menu file looks like this:

#!ipxe
kernel http://ipxe.local/xenserver/boot/xen.gz dom0_max_vcpus=1-2 dom0_mem=752M,max:752M com1=115200,8n1 console=com1,vga
module http://ipxe.local /xenserver/boot/vmlinux.gz console=hvc0 console=tty0 install
module http://ipxe.local /xenserver/install.img

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Rich

NOTICE: This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Clearwater Analytics and/or its affiliates that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately delete it. The information we provide is from sources Clearwater Analytics considers reliable, but Clearwater Analytics provides no warranties regarding the accuracy of the information. Further, nothing in the email should be construed as legal, financial, or tax advice, and any questions regarding the intended recipient's individual circumstances should be addressed to that recipient's lawyer and/or accountant.

Clearwater Analytics, 777 W. Main St, Boise, ID 83702
If you prefer not to receive emails from Clearwater Analytics you may unsubscribe<http://clearwater-analytics.com/unsubscribe>.