[ipxe-devel] Cannot move back to previous line

Daniel Dybing daniel.dybing at me.com
Mon May 29 15:23:36 UTC 2017

Hi!

This is my first time using a mailing list, so please excuse any
wrongdoings!

I'm a frequent user of iPXE, and I am very satisfied with how it works, and
I thank you all developers for your work on it.

There is a small "problem" which I have encountered a few times when writing
scripts straight into the shell.

The "problem" is that when the current line is full, and a new line is
created below it, it is not possible to get back to the line above. So if
I've mistyped something, I have to CTRL+C  and start all over again.

Of course - it's not that often that you have to write commands that spans
across multiple lines, but it happens - and I guess other also feel a little
frustrated because of this.

Is there something I am doing wrong, or is it a technical
issue/"impossibility"?

Thank you