[ipxe-devel] NIC Drivers

Dean Westhead dean at westhead.net
Mon May 8 17:21:07 UTC 2017

Hi Christian,

This is the ifstat from the old ( working ), build ( ipxe-5cf5ffe ) :

ipxe> ifstat

net(0): 70:10:6f:ed:25:18 using NII on NII-0000:06:00.0 (closed)
  [Link:down, TX:0 TXE:0 RX:0 RXE:0]
  [Link status: Unknown (http://ipxe.org/1a086194)]
net(1): 70:10:6f:ed:25:20 using NII on NII-0000:06:00.1 (closed)
  [Link:down, TX:0 TXE:0 RX:0 RXE:0]
  [Link status: Unknown (http://ipxe.org/1a086194)]

My build commands are :

make all
make bin-i386-efi/ipxe.efi bin-x86_64-efi/ipxe.efi EMBED=../nic-menu-eiso.ipxe
make bin/ipxe.eiso EMBED=../nic-menu-eiso.ipxe
mv bin/ipxe.eiso

The embeded script is the same copy on both versions.

The PCI ID's are :

10df:0720

Doing the same commands on the non workingversion of iPXE ( ipxe-785389c ), gives all the same results except at ifopen net0 gives :

ipxe: ifopen net0
Could not open net0: Input/Outpur error (http://ipxe.org/1d6a4a98)

Dean.