[ipxe-devel] Volunteering for moderator of the mailinglist

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Sat Jun 10 13:08:18 UTC 2017

On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 12:03:59PM +0200, Robin Smidsrød wrote:
> On 31.05.2017 07.18, Geert Stappers wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > iPXE is a cool project, I want to help with it.
> >
> > Thing where I could help, is moderator for the mailinglist.
> > So I volunteer for that job.
> > Are there vacancies?
> >

> It's always nice with more moderators, especially on the forum. If you
> want to help out more there I would suggest you start by answering more
> threads in the forum and eventually we'd bump your status to moderator.

I didn't know that the iPXE project has a webforum.

It is the mailinglist of iPXE that I want to get into a better state.

 * postings with matching Subject line
 * threads that you can read in the discussion order

I want moderator privilege to block repeating offenders,
tooling for educating the unaware.

> You can read more about how some of the administrative tasks are handled
> here: http://ipxe.org/admin

It says
 "The goal is to eliminate all spam via the list, while minimising the burden of moderation."

The spam level is near zero. Moderation can now be used for further quality improvement.

Just let me know if my help is wanted.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--