[ipxe-devel] ipxe newbie booting question

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at outstep.com
Thu Jul 27 18:06:13 UTC 2017

Thanks for answering my post.

The reason that I need to boot iPXE from an iso is because I am booting
from public hosted VPS machines that are located on the Internet.

I can boot each machine and now get to the iPXE shell. How can I have the
iPXE call the dnsmasq that I have running on another VPS machine at
boot.example.com as an example.  I am trying to find, in the iPXE site and
docs that show me how to have the iPXE shell call the bootp server so that
it can return the IP and send over to the TFTP server to start returning
the OS to be loaded onto the VPS machine?

Thanks again for your help,
Lonnie