[ipxe-devel] UEFI Boot ISO

Dean Westhead dean at westhead.net
Tue Jan 17 12:57:29 UTC 2017

Hi,

You may also get this email from my works address, but it is a Google Mail address so I wasn't sure if it would subscribe.

This is the problem that I am having :

We have a slightly strange setup which means that we dont have any DHCP on server VLAN's .

I have been looking at using iPXE as the boot/build method and I have now got a working bootable ISO for BIOS machines.

I have created a bootable ISO with an embedded script using the instructions on your website. The script opens the console and asks the user for the IP details of the new server to be built. It then sets these onto the selected NIC card, connects to the network and then pulls down pxelinux . cfg /default etc as normal.

It all works great, and the bootable ISO is tiny compared to the way we were doing it !

The problem I am now facing is that the newer servers that we require to build want to be able to use the UEFI boot mode .... and my bootable ISO will no longer boot on them.

Is there a way for me to do the same as above with the embeded script etc, but have the iPXE bootable ISO able to boot on a UEFI enabled server ?

Thanks.

Dean.