[ipxe-devel] CDROM static iPXE

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Thu Aug 31 16:31:42 UTC 2017

On 31/08/17 04:40, Vallard wrote:
> Thanks so much for responding!  So do I just need to talk to Cisco to
> make a native driver and contribute it to iPXE?  Are you accepting
> contributions for it?

If you are in a position to request that Cisco either develop or fund
the development of an iPXE driver for the UCS NICs, then please do!

> Also, the reason I want to do the myscript.ipxe is because I plan on
> changing that file a bunch with some scripting, so I'd rather compile
> once and then use the initrd argument if that is possible.

Yes, using an initrd for the variable script content will work.

> Finally, would the scenario I mentioned actually work if the native
> driver support was in the iPXE ISO image?

Yes, you can use iPXE to do exactly what you describe.  You can viably
test your approach and your scripts on other hardware (or in a VM)
without waiting for the UCS driver support.