[ipxe-devel] CDROM static iPXE
vallard at benincosa.com
Wed Aug 30 21:05:56 UTC 2017
This is going to sound a little strange, but I'm trying to use an ISO image
to kick off an iPXE installation. Workflow would be as follows:
1. Create ISO image with ipxe.iso with initrd script
2. Boot machine off the ISO image
3. Embedded script has static networking settings (No DHCP, No pxelinux.0,
No TFTP servers)
4. Machine then uses HTTP to load an Operating system
I think this is possible but since it's loading from isolinux instead of
pxelinux I'm wondering if the network drivers are never being started.
The troubles I'm having seem to be a few things:
1. No network devices are found. Booting up the basic ISO image (
http://boot.ipxe.org/ipxe.iso) and loading the command prompt I don't see
I'm wondering if this is that the Cisco UCS drivers are just not in there.
I didn't see them in the src when I compiled from scratch either. Perhaps
that would be something to add. The drivers I use are the enic drivers.
2. I thought to put a script on the ISO image my isolinux.cfg would look
# These default options can be changed in the geniso script
SAY iPXE ISO boot image
But it says it can't find myscript.kpxe every time. Where an I find the
command line options for ipxe.krn?
My myscript.kpxe just says things like:
echo +----- STATIC (embedded) -------------------------
set net0/ip 172.28.225.131
set net0/netmask 255.255.254.0
set net0/gateway 172.28.224.1
set net0/dns 18.104.22.168
set net0/domain kubam.local
Thank you for any help!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ipxe-devel