[ipxe-devel] Infinite dhcp request

Hummel Frank F.Hummel at ads-tec.de
Fri Apr 21 14:30:56 UTC 2017

" when uefi client..." .--> .. /tftpboot/pxelinux/pxelinux.0
Will never work!
UEFI client needs a UEFI bootfile like bootx64.efi (Windows) or ipxe.efi
Pxelinux.0 is a legacy NBP.

Same bug here. Legacy and UEFI mixed up and XORed.
        if exists ipxe.efi {
                filename "pxelinux.0";
        } else {
                filename "some other NBP here";
        }

If a legacy client reaches out for a NBP: send a legacy bootfile like pxelinux.0.
If an UEFI client reaches out for a NBP: send a UEFI bootfile like ipxe.efi or bootx64.efi.

Check if option arch = 00:07 is present (UEFI) or not and the user-class to determine the necessary boot- or menufile.

mit freundlichen Grüßen
with kind regards

i. A. Dipl.Ing. (FH) Frank Hummel
Systementwicklung