[ipxe-devel] Debian installer preseed example not working

Loos, Bernhard bernhard.loos at eks-intec.de
Mon Apr 3 19:12:40 UTC 2017

Hello
I'm trying to follow this example to inject a preseed config file into a debian installation: http://ipxe.org/appnote/debian_preseed
iPXE loads the kernel, then normal initrd.gz and the preseed.cfg and then the setup starts but the preseed.cfg file is nowhere to be found.
I also tried to pack the preseed.cfg into a second cpio.gz file, but this also doesn't work.
At this point I'm pretty much stuck.
Are there any known Problems with this? Or any suggestions on how to debug this?

I'm using a Debian Stretch netboot installer (nightly build) with an up-to-date iPXE in an UEFI environment.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards / Saludos cordiales

i. A. Bernhard Loos
Softwareentwickler / Software Development

EKS InTec GmbH
Heinrich-Hertz-Strasse 6
D 88250 Weingarten

Tel.: +49 (0) 751 362 16-84
Fax +49 (0) 751 362 16-99

e-Mail: bernhard.loos at eks-intec.de
www.eks-intec.de, www.rf-suite.de

Geschäftsführung: Manfred Hahl, Josef Müller
HRB 55 2451 Ulm, VAT DE 24 0912 807