[ipxe-devel] trying to leverage https address but not with certificates.

Christian Nilsson nikize at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 18:34:37 UTC 2016

Here is a message sent to the mailing list but without you in the CC:
http://lists.ipxe.org/pipermail/ipxe-devel/2016-November/005271.html
""""
You may want to trying trusting your certificate chain by adding
`TRUST=/path/to/chain.crt` to the make command.  I just did that for the
first time the other day and it's working out well for me.

--
Erik
""""

I'm guessing you are using an embedded script, you might want to first try
and only type it out.
my reason for saying this is that the script must start with
#!ipxe (the # is missing in your example but i guess that is just a typo)
you can test that a script is detected correctly by running imgstat, it
should then say [script] for script files.

sync ; exit 1

seems to be a typo, it will always exit or just fail.

If you still get the weird 0000001 error then try and compile with
DEBUG=script to get details about what the scripts does so that we can see
exactly which command that fails.

For debuging a https issue here is a old email about how to debug it
http://lists.ipxe.org/pipermail/ipxe-devel/2013-January/002201.html
  make bin/<whatever> DEBUG=tls,x509,ocsp

so to combine you might want something like make bin/ipxe.usb
DEBUG=tls,x509,ocsp,script

/Christian