[ipxe-devel] chainload wimboot

王进 vanloswang at 126.com
Wed Nov 2 02:48:05 UTC 2016

Hello, all:
    I want to boot windows pe from bios to ipxe and then using ipxe to load wimboot kernel to boot winpe. Now the bios can download ipxe.lkrn and boot.ipxe and load ipxe.lkrn and boot.ipxe OK, then download wimboot, BCD, boot.sdi, winpe.wim OK. But it seems that the wimboot is not loaded as kernel, it hang on after all files download.
    I am using the latest ipxe.lkrn from the offical website and the latest wimboot-2.5.2-signed. The winpe resources is put on web server where httpd is running, not tftp server together with dhcp server.

    The content of pxe config is as following:
DEFAULT menu
LABEL menu
     KERNEL ipxe.lkrn
     APPEND initrd=http://192.172.30.252/win7x64sp1/boot.ipxe

    The content of boot.ipxe is as following:
    #!ipxe
  dhcp
  route
  cpuid --ext 29 && set arch amd64
  kernel http://192.172.30.252/wimboot
  initrd http://192.172.30.252/win7x64sp1/amd64/ISO/boot/bcd            BCD
  initrd http://192.172.30.252/win7x64sp1/amd64/ISO/boot/boot.sdi       boot.sdi
  initrd -n boot.wim http://192.172.30.252/win7x64sp1/amd64/winpe.wim   boot.wim
  imgstat
  prompt
  boot

    And the log msgs for network boot is as following:

After I chang http to tftp, it does not work too. The infos is as following:

# cat boot.ipxe
#!ipxe
  dhcp
  route
  cpuid --ext 29 && set arch amd64
  kernel wimboot
  initrd boot/winpe/amd64/ISO/boot/bcd          BCD
  initrd boot/winpe/amd64/ISO/boot/boot.sdi     boot.sdi
  initrd -n boot.wim boot/winpe/amd64/winpe.wim   boot.wim
  imgstat
  prompt
  boot

it hang on here too.

    Could you give me some suggestions howto fix it? Thanks.