[ipxe-devel] SuperMicro SYS-1028U-TR+ with Intel X710-DR2 nic card

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Wed Mar 30 18:13:40 UTC 2016

On 30/03/16 01:36, Todd Stansell wrote:
> Pretty much every time it hangs, though, is just after it receives both this
> multicast packet and another broadcast packet, as those are the last messages
> we see before things halt.  It really feels like there's something that's
> causing the internal state to get messed up and iPXE thinks it's waiting for
> something that it's already received and ends up in a deadlock.  We can hit
> CTRL-C to cancel the operation and we'll see it send a FIN/ACK to the
> webserver to close the connection cleanly.

It's possible that a bug in the underlying NIC driver is causing it to
lose an interrupt, which effectively kills the receive datapath.

You could try adding the NIC to the undinet_irq_is_broken() checks.
Unfortunately, these are currently based on the PCI vendor:device ID
(which we're for some reason unable to retrieve from this NIC).  You
could try temporarily hardcoding undinet_irq_is_broken() to just always
return 1.