[ipxe-devel] Size limit in iPXE

Pedro Goncalves pedro at thousandeyes.com
Wed Mar 16 17:59:02 UTC 2016

Hi,

We are trying to use iPXE to boot a firmware update ISO provided by Dell to update our Dell Poweredge servers, but iPXE fails to fetch the iso with the error “Error: No space left on device”(http://ipxe.org/err/341820 <http://ipxe.org/err/341820>). The size of the iso is approx. 2GB. So we wanted to ask you if there is a size limit hardcoded somewhere. If not, why are getting this error message? Our server has 128GB of RAM, so that can’t be the issue.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
--
Pedro Rocha Goncalves  |  Systems Engineer  |  www.thousandeyes.com <http://www.thousandeyes.com/>