[ipxe-devel] Problem with multiple interfaces and routing lookups

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Tue Mar 15 22:56:50 UTC 2016

On 15/03/16 19:10, Jeffers, Steven wrote:
> When I added the route command to the script, it showed net0 was listed
> before net0-4.   The route listed 192.168.0.254 (DHCP server IP) as the
> gateway for net0.

iPXE's IPv4 routing logic is that we first look for an interface which
is directly attached to the destination subnet, then we look for a
default gateway address.  If you have two links both offering a default
gateway address, then bad things will happen.

You should be able to solve your problem by configuring the DHCP server
on the VLAN to _not_ offer a default gateway address.