[ipxe-devel] Error

Christian Nilsson nikize at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 13:36:56 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 9:24 AM, <ravi.heer at swft.nhs.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> We are trying to boot a Hyper-V VM using PXE so we can upload a image and
> get the error below could you assist please?
>

> Kind Regards
>

> *Ravi Heer*

Hi Ravi

On the page http://ipxe.org/2d8c203b it says "This error most likely means
the console command was unable to find a usable resolution in the VESA BIOS
mode list."

To be a bit more specific The Hyper-V emulator does not seem to support
vesa mode, so the console commands that you have in your script fails.
to work around this you can change the script to have its console commands
fail silently by adding || (double pipe) at the end.

If you want help with this, please post the script and we will do our best
to help out.

Regards
/Christian