[ipxe-devel] Booting diskless Ubuntu from iSCSI

Robert Nelson boardmaster357 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 16:41:22 UTC 2016

I am having trouble using the menu example by Robin Smidsrød from
https://gist.github.com/robinsmidsrod/2234639

I installed Ubuntu 12.04 that was in the menu installer, but I can not boot
it.
I made only the absolute minimum changes to the menu config to get it to
work with my system.
I used the ubuntu-install menu item to install ubuntu to an iSCSI target.
I used the ubuntu menu item to boot the system.
When I boot, I get the error:

Booting Ubuntu from iSCSI for iqn.2005-10.org.freenas.ctl:f4:ce:46:bb:fd:38
Registered SAN device 0x80
Booting from SAN device 0x80
error: out of disk
grub rescue>