[ipxe-devel] wimboot improvement

Vasyl Melnyk vell at ukr.net
Mon Jun 20 22:55:51 UTC 2016

> Are those files present:
>
> a) in the standard Windows installation .iso images for Win7/8/8.1?
>
> b) in the standard Windows installation .iso images for Win2008/2012?
>
> c) in standard WinPE images created by the WAIK or WADK?
>
> Michael

After doing some research I found that those files are present in boot.wim in all standard Windows installation .iso images for windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, server 2008, and 2012 but they are not present in standard WAIK winpe.wim.

Therefore,
a) yes
b) yes
c) no

but Win10PESE constructor from theoven.org adds those files if "file copy" setting set to "SmartFull" or "Full". My custom win10pe was built that way.