[ipxe-devel] iPXE on Lenovo P70

Christian Nilsson nikize at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 20:29:35 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 2:15 PM, Michael Brown <mcb30 at ipxe.org> wrote:
> On 15/06/16 10:48, Kuniyasu Suzaki wrote:
>>
>> My iPXE cannot set up NIC on Lenovo P70.
>

> Which iPXE binary are you using, and how are you loading it?
>
> What output do you get from "ifstat"?
>
> Michael

Hi Michael

I was able to test that the nic discussed in:
http://lists.ipxe.org/pipermail/ipxe-devel/2016-April/004910.html
works with that change, but did not at the time have an environment to
properly test the need for INTEL_NO_PHY_RST for proper gig speed.

This is also mentioned at http://forum.ipxe.org/showthread.php?tid=7713

so adding the line

+ PCI_ROM ( 0x8086, 0x15b7, "i219lm-2", "I219-LM (2)", 0 ),

works
Note the addition of -2 and (2) as the proper name for this nic.
This would probably explain why the nic does not work for Suzaki-san,
but busid and type should still be available?

Maybe  this can be added for now, and I will try to get the I219 nics
properly tested in regards to INTEL_NO_PHY_RST when time allows?

/Christian