[ipxe-devel] Issue when booting linux kernels when in UEFI mode

Michael Brown mcb30 at ipxe.org
Fri Jul 29 12:58:02 UTC 2016

On 28/07/16 21:18, James A. Peltier wrote:

> | I can confirm this, doing chain http://boot.ipxe.org/ipxe.efi gives version
> | 145a
> | and then trying to boot linux with a similar script just hangs (using
> | http://b800.org/sysr/sysrcd.ipxe)
> | While a older version works fine.
> |
> | Chaining into ipxe.efi from ipxe.efi (145a) still works fine.
> |
> | Not sure if I can find the time for a git bisect right now.
> |
> <snip>
>
> Thanks for a secondary confirmation.  I tried this on three difference models of Dell hardware which made me think it was a regression.  I'll wait for a fix.

Could you try temporarily reverting

   http://git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git/commitdiff/757ab98

and see if that fixes your Dell systems?

I have had several reports of that commit (which is required for ARM
support) causing problems on some x86 systems.  Unfortunately I have not
been able to reproduce the problem myself.