[ipxe-devel] pxe image write PROBLEM!

Sergey Vasiljev sv_2 at mail.ru
Sat Dec 24 13:42:34 UTC 2016

Hello!

I have  Intel CT Desktop Adapter (vendor ID: 8086, device ID:10d3, chipset  82574L ) with 2mbit flash ROM.
So, I've built iPXE image for my NIC without any problem:

>  make bin/808610d3.rom

Then made bootable USB with FREEdos & copy bootutil + my image rom on it

The problem occured when I've tried to write my image in NIC's ROM:

>  bootutil.exe -nic 1 -restoreimage -file 808610d3.rom

And got the following error:

Invalid image file 808610d3.rom

Please help!
What does it mean? I don't think that image file has invalid format.
May be my NIC has some protection against rewriting?

Thanks in advance
Best regards,
Sergey