[ipxe-devel] I have a trouble booting iPXE from a specific laptop

Esben Storgaard Nielsen esn at solar.dk
Tue Dec 13 13:21:39 UTC 2016

Hi Again

I still have some trouble bootin iPXE from 1 type of computer.
Lenovo tells me, that they can’t help because the net card isn’t on a compatibility list from iPXE.
That’s correct, http://ipxe.org/appnote/hardware_drivers

The net card used is an “Intel i219LM“

I use undionly.kpxe and use the site https://rom-o-matic.eu/ for building my file, and here is the net card is presented on the net card list.
So I think that the compatibility list isn’t updated.

I can see on the FAQ forum that the problem has being reported once before.
http://forum.ipxe.org/showthread.php?tid=7713&highlight=i219

I can’t see where I can try the suggestion, there is no option in the advance section on rom-o-matic.eu

Could you came with some suggestions, so I can get further with this task.

Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards,

Esben Storgaard Nielsen
Systems Administrator, Server

[http://emailsignature.solar.eu/General/Solar_Logo.jpg]