[ipxe-devel] sanboot in uefi mode

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 18:45:42 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to find a way to get iscsi booting working in uefi mode.
As far as I can tell this feature was prototyped way back in 2013[1], but
it has languished due to being unfunded.

I am more than willing to either a) fund the feature, or b) implement it
myself. If there is interest in having the feature funded, please let me
know. Otherwise any existing prototype code, or pointers as to where to
start would be greatly appreciated.

In my initial reading of the code, it looks like I need to implement
PROVIDE_SANBOOT( efi, ... ) methods do do something similar to the
PROVIDE_SANBOOT( pcbios, ... ) methods.

[1] http://forum.ipxe.org/showthread.php?tid=6896&pid=9105#pid9105