[ipxe-devel] Track bug: https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=8295, failed to setup an ipxe server

hhei hhei at redhat.com
Fri Apr 15 01:58:42 UTC 2016

Hi,

Thanks for your responding!

I have tried it as your suggestion, result is not good.

1. After update dhcpd.conf as your suggestion, uefi does not work, and
bios does not work well, it will download undionly.kpxe again and again.
2. I change the section to the following description, and bios works
well, but uefi does not work well, and the result is the same as mentioned(
After type the "boot" command from the command-line (not from the
script), that I do not see an error-message, then boot from pxe network,
then load ipxe.efi, be stuck in loop, after 3 times, guest turns off.
)

   if option arch = 00:07 {
       if exists user-class and option user-class = "iPXE"
       {
           filename "ipxe.cfg";
       }
       else {
           filename "ipxe.efi";
       }
   }

   else {
     if exists user-class and option user-class = "iPXE" {

       filename "ipxe.cfg";

     }

     else {
       filename "undionly.kpxe";
     }

   }

After tried many times, I thought it was related to "boot", why boot
command can not load vmlinuz correctly, but kernel and initrd command
can exec successfully, and "imgstat" command seems right with correct size.

Best Regards
hhei

--
Best Regards