[ipxe-devel] custom dhcp client_id option

Wissam Shoukair wissams at mellanox.com
Wed Apr 13 07:12:28 UTC 2016

+YossefE

-----Original Message-----
From: Wissam Shoukair
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 10:12
To: 'Michael Brown' <mcb30 at ipxe.org>; Maule Mark <mark_maule at yahoo.com>; ipxe-devel at lists.ipxe.org
Subject: RE: [ipxe-devel] custom dhcp client_id option

Hi,
I will need to get back to you on this.
But anyway,  a change like this is risky I think, although option 61 doesn't include the correct (or spec compliant) value, changing it might break existing deployments.

I remember that we did add a feature that takes the client identifier according to a NV configuration (or default behavior if non)