[ipxe-devel] (no subject)

Gerardo Richarte gera at satellogic.com
Tue Apr 5 17:06:42 UTC 2016

On 04.04.2016 Robin wrote:
> On 02.04.2016 00:13, Gerardo Richarte wrote:
> > Hi, I've added a new command, ifwait.
> >
> > This is the script where I use it:
> > ifwait net1 ||
> >
> > echo Trying to boot from net1
> > set net1/ip 10.0.0.2 ||
> > ifopen net1 ||
> > chain -t 2000 http://10.0.0.1/ipxe.s ||
> > ifclose net1 ||
>
> Why don't you just switch the ifopen net1 and set net1/ip 10.0.0.2 lines
> around? That should ensure that ifopen takes care of initializing your
> network interface properly and it is usable when you do the chain.

Hi Robin, I appreciate the idea, an dtried it before and now again. In
my computer ifopen finishes without properly initializing the
interface, and then everything else fails. I have a switch connected
to the board, and I see the LED takes like 10 seconds to turn on. On
the other hand, ifwait properly waits until the LED is on (and the
interface is initialized)

If this is not the expected behaviour then may there's some sort of
incompatibility between this board and ifopen?

cheers