[ipxe-devel] iPXE efi chainloading grub2 pxe efi file

Rivard, Matthew T matthew.t.rivard at intel.com
Wed Oct 14 16:56:38 UTC 2015

Sorry, I thought I had replied back to this.

I found a work around by calling net_bootp on the adapters (I wrote a manual block of 64 potential devices given that that's not an unrealistic number of adapter ports to be found in a server in our lab), and setting a bootp range on our DHCP server for that purpose.   Since there's no command in grub to simply tell it to do a standard DHCP on the adapters, this has been the only feasible workaround to make them play together nicely.

Ironically, executing the chainload from iPXE via embedded script vs their shell has solved the issue with it hanging if multiple adapters have IP addresses in grub when loading off to a Linux Kernel.