[ipxe-devel] i354 support in the intel driver

Patrick Agrain patrick.agrain at alcatel-lucent.com
Mon Oct 5 14:59:12 UTC 2015

BTW, I forgot to mention that I already faced such a behavior several
months ago when trying to patch a more recent iPXE snapshot with the igb
driver. At that time, I made no deeper investigation and kept what was
working.

a) First patch was made with a snapshot from 6th of february.
b) The operation mentioned above was performed with a snapshot from ...
(I cannot remember).
c) And now, trying to patch the intel driver, I use a clone from 24th of
september.
d) I also backported the intel driver patch( from c) ) into the snapshot
from 06th of february.

Result:
a) works (still today...)
b) and c) doesn't.
d) works (not like a), but we are going much further than b) and c) ).
Here, I think that the intel patch is not complete.

Using a snapshot from later than this from 06th of february fails like
b) and c).
Hope it may help to surround the problem.
Kind regards,
Patrick