[ipxe-devel] Option ROM causing hang during BIOS update

Ed Swierk eswierk at skyportsystems.com
Sun Mar 22 06:52:12 UTC 2015

I isolated the problem to the UNDI loader.

The problem goes away if I comment out the undiheader pointer in the
romheader (romprefix.S), or just add an lret instruction to the very
top of the undiloader routine (undiloader.S).

I wonder if a BIOS bug could cause the loader to scribble on the stack
or corrupt some other area of memory.

--Ed