[ipxe-devel] Error booting 32-bit kernel binary

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Fri Mar 13 18:34:18 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm seeing the following error running ipxe:

	http://ipxe.org/err/7f048283

I only see it when trying to load a 32-bit Linux kernel.  I can take the
exact same kernel configuration and compile it for 64-bit, and it works
fine.  So, it definitely includes all the stubs that the EFI firmware needs.

I'm running at ipxe commit 7f80eb511, so very recent.

Any ideas?

---

commit 7f80eb511e9bbbf74de56d110f351f0b1b052d76
Author: Michael Brown <mcb30 at ipxe.org>
Date:   Wed Mar 11 22:33:51 2015 +0000

    [smsc75xx] Move RX FIFO overflow message to DBGLVL_EXTRA